Yes, we live in Topeka, Kansas, but when I say RowHouse is the best restaurant in town, it does mean something.
Open for dinner Wednesday through Saturday, RowHouse features a different menu each week, often inspired by seasonal changes and local traditions. It is fine dining of a unique and always thrilling kind.
Here’s what my wife and I enjoyed last night at their special New Year’s Eve event:
- 1st Bite: Bubbles and Berries
- Appetizers: Garden Pesto Crostini, Spice Rubbed Cocktail Shrimp with Citrus Mayo, Feta Cheese Cake with Olives and Fennel
- Salad: Winter Greens, Cranberry Stilton, Dried Apricots, Pecans, Parmesan, Lemon Vinaigrette
- Soup: Creamy Tomato Dill
- Vegetarian Entree: Parmesan Risotto with Butternut Squash and Sauteed Spinach, Herb Oil
- Entree 2: Wasabi Crusted Sea Scallop, Bacon Date and Jalapeno Chutney, Ponzu Sauce
- Entree 3: Bourbon and Mustard Glazed Beef, Smashed Roots, String Beans
- Entree4: Elk and Blueberry Meatball, Braised Cabbage, Herbed Mayonaise
- Sorbet: Citrus
- Dessert: Trio of Creme Brulee (Chocolate, Lemon, and Gingerbread)
If you live at all close to the area, check it out.